1 (5oz) package shredded Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (26oz) jar prepared spaghetti sauce
1. Cook the shells according to package directions, be careful not to break them. Do not overcook, they should be done al dente, and not completely soft. *Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook the chicken and mix in a large bowl with all the ingredients except sauce, shells, and 1-cup of Mozzarella cheese.
3. Spray a baking dish (9x13) and fill the bottom with some of the sauce.
4. Carefully begin to fill the shells with the stuffing and put in baking dish. I used a small spoon but I've also heard it works if you put it in a zip-lock bag and snip one of the corners off. I don't think I'm patient enough for that and the spoon worked great.
5. Spread the rest of the sauce over the shells. I did mine in rows. (see below)
(Sorry about the terrible pictures, I had a ton on my camera and they all got deleted. This one was from my phone)
6. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
7. Uncover and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the shells. Cook, uncovered, for 10 more minutes.
Serves 8-10 people.
Okay so some of the things that I noticed that kind of would be good to know for next time.
-With one box of shells, I had a TON of the stuffing left over. Next time I would probably get another box and freeze one of the dishes (*freeze after step 5).
-The onions didn't thoroughly cook for me so I might saute them a little before hand because I don't like crunchy, uncooked onions.
-I liked them smothered with sauce and they cooked great that way.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I did! They are amazing!