Sunday, September 25, 2011

DIY Braided Calzone

For this one, I wanted to make my fiance dinner. My first thought was to get a recipe off of Pinterest.com, so here is my second DIY project.

This idea comes from: quidoo.com (shown below)
Ingredients:
  • 1. Pizza Dough (I just bought a Pillsbury pre-made roll of dough-- it's the perfect size)
  • 2. Pizza Sauce (again you can home-make it or buy whatever brand you prefer)
  • 3. Mozzarella Cheese
  • 4. Fillers-whatever you prefer-I used pepperoni, cheese, and bacon.
Step 1:
Roll out the pizza dough into a flat rectangle shape to fit onto a cookie sheet baking pan.

Step 2:
Spread the pizza sauce on the center of the dough.

Step 3:
Add your fillers-Pepperoni, cheese, etc.

Step 4: Cut the sides of the dough-up to the center where you added the fillers- into strips- about 1/2-1inch wide.
Step 5: Alternate sides and begin to fold (braid) the strips you cut over the top of the fillers.


Step 6: Bake at 375 for about 14 minutes or until golden brown (I followed directions on the Pillsbury package.)
I served mine with an Outback Wedge Salad and Texas Toast.
It was amazing! Don't forget the rootbeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment